2013年7月5日星期五

Warner's Town -- Roblin

5:45 a.m
It is so early now, today is my day after 18. and I am going to visit Mr. Warner's family. He lives in Roblin, which is a small that is 2 hours northwest of Bardon. I pack all all my stuff and put into my car, and get ready to go.



Roblin is a town in Manitoba, Canada. It is surrounded by the Rural Municipality of Shell River. Including the surrounding areas of Shell River, Hillsburg, Park North, Shellmouth, and Boulton, the population is about 2,000 to 3,000.



I got to Warner's house at about 9 o'clock in the morning. His whole family was there including Mrs. Warner. I spent a happy morning with them and Warner took me around the town. But, I have to go to visit the Riding Mountain National Park. It is about an hour from Robin to the Riding Mountain National Park.


Riding Mountain National Park is a national park in Manitoba. The park sits at the top the Manitoba Escarpment. Consisting of an area about 3000 km quare. The park is home to wolves, moose, elk, black bears, hundreds of bird species, countless insects and a captive bison herd. It is most easily reached by Highway 10 which passes through the park.

 
The park was first protected in 1929 and had much of its public infrastructure created during the 1930s by labourers participating in Canada's great depression relief programs. Much of this early construction survives to this day.(From Wikipedia)

 
Moose, elk, deer, beaver, porcupine, loon, grey wolf, cougar, and Canada goose are just a few of the animal in Riding Mountain National Park. The park boasts one of the largest populations of black bears in North America. There is also a wild bison enclosure located near Lake Audy. Riding Mountain National Park has a lot of wildflowers and wide range of unique vegetation, most of which is not seen anywhere else in the prairie regions of Canada.



Now is 5 o'clock, that means I have to leave the west side of Manitoba, and frive back to Winnipeg for my flight tomorrow. It takes approximately 5 hours to drive from Roblin to Winnipeg, and when I get back to Winnipeg, I think it will be about 11 o'clock.



没有评论:

发表评论